Purpose:

Transforming the lives of women struggling with drug and alcohol addiction by providing a long-term residential program to experience physical, emotional, and spiritual healing through recovery.

About Me

My photo
Breakthru House, Inc., is a member of the Action Ministries family of ministries. Action Ministries, Inc. is an independent, faith-based, Georgia non-profit corporation with roots in the United Methodist Church. As the first long-term residential recovery program for women in Georgia, Breakthru House is designed to meet the unique needs of women struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. Utilizing the 12 Steps and a Therapeutic Community, Breakthru House provides a safe, structured drug free environment to foster a life of recovery while therapeutically addressing addiction as a disease, unresolved grief, trauma, and poor self-esteem issues commonly associated with female addicts. Since its founding in 1969, Breakthru House's founding principle remains constant: physical, emotional, and spiritual healing through recovery is possible when each woman's treatment program is designed to meet their individual needs.

Share:

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Client's Perspective

The following is published with permission from the author.

What I have received from Breakthru House and how it has helped me.

It's hard to express in words just how much Breakthru has done for me. It's given me my life back. I was a broken person in so many ways when I got here. I was so deep into my addiction that I had lost all connection with reality. I was in so much emotional and spiritual pain that I was actually numb.
It took me a while to be able to feel again, to even cry. Breakthru has brought me back to life. I could possibly be in prison or dead right now without having come here. I have many horror stories about my addiction, but I don't have to live those anymore. Breakthru has taught me self-discipline, has given me back my self-worth. I have found courage and integrity and honesty. I have started to love myself again.
Words don't come close enough to express the gratitude that i have to Breakthru. All I know is that my God brought me here so that I could survive and get the help that I so desperately needed. thank God I had a place to go. I am a miracle, a survivor, and a productive member of society today. I am worthy. I am a good daughter, a good sister, a good aunt, a good step-daughter, a good friend, a good woman and I owe that to Breakthru House.

Sincerely and Appreciatively,
Beth G.

No comments:

Post a Comment